Saturday 25 April 2015

New Age Producers

Nigeria is a country full of talents, and recently, I had the opportunity to catch up with an upcoming producer who has gone so far in the business but still has a whole lot more to go. I had an interesting chat with him and GEEKBEATZ, as he is called, is certainly someone the world should look out for this year.
What is your full name?
»Labar Solomon Nantip.
What is your stage name/producer name and how did you get it?
»Geekbeatz (back in secondary school my friends called me a geek because of my glasses, I guess it stuck, lol)
How did you come up with the idea of creating your own record label/becoming a producer?
»I used to drum on lockers at secondary school, I use drum To my favourite songs and also ideas I had in mind when one of my friends introduced me to "FL" a music production software, since then I started making my own beats as well as developed myself in that field.
How long have you been in the music business?
»I've been in the music game for 5years now.
 Apart from music what else do you do?
»Well I just finished school, I might start something but music is all I do right now.
I know you’re from Jos where so many musical acts like 2 face idibia, MI, Ice Prince, Jessie Jagz emerged from who are your mentors?
»My mentors from around here would include Jesse Jags, Chopstix, Internationally My mentors are Timberland and Pharrell Williams,
What artists have you worked with so far?
»I've worked with countless artistes from around Jos, I worked with Skales some time back on "Shining", also Blackah of Naija Ninjas
What artists would you love to work with?
»I'd love to work with Sound Sultan, Patoranking, Wizkid and a whole lot of other artistes.
What are the challenges you have faced so far as a young producer in Nigeria?
»As a young producer, the major challenge I, as well as other producers, have is a platform to be heard and seen.
What advice would you give to young people out there who have aspirations to be in the music business?
»I'd advice upcoming producers to up their game, try to be consistent, and most importantly to never give up on their dreams.
 Nice advice, I really look forward to more from him. He can be contacted below:
Twitter ID: Labar_Geekbeatz
  Some beats he has made includes:
·       FIRE-GEEKBEATZ feat PSM http://stagefixng.com/geeksessionsgeekbeatz-fire-feat-psm/
·       MAI ANGWA--GEEKBEATZ feat FROWLIQ http://www.nyatnation.com/tag/mai-angwa/
·       ADERONKE-GEEKBEATZ feat UNCLESWITCHE http://buzzentnet.com/geekbeatz-ft-uncleswitche-aderonke/
·       ME YARD-GEEKBEATZ feat Mr Komashal(psycmo) http://tooxclusive.com/downloadmp3/mista-komashal-yard/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode 1: #Fiction20

  There was a dead man laying on the rug, and Armani stared at him, unshaken , with a smug smile, feeling content and working out ways to ...